[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Puppet elements support

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Sep 9 00:24:41 UTC 2014

On 09/08/2014 04:11 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hi TripleO community,
>
> I would be really interested by helping to bring Puppet elements support
> in TripleO.
> So far I've seen this work:
> https://github.com/agroup/tripleo-puppet-elements/tree/puppet_dev_heat
> which is a very good bootstrap but really outdated.
> After some discussion with Greg Haynes on IRC, we came up with the idea
> to create a repo (that would be move in Stackforge or OpenStack git) and
> push the bits from what has been done by HP folks with updates &
> improvements.
>
> I started a basic repo
> https://github.com/enovance/tripleo-puppet-elements that could be moved
> right now on Stackforge to let the community start the work.
>
> My proposal is:
> * move this repo (or create a new one directly on
> github/{stackforge,openstack?})
> * push some bits from "agroup" original work.
> * continue the contributions, updates & improvements.
>
> Any thoughts?

Be sure to also check this out:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88479/

Which is the main patch to start using diskimage-builder to create the
base devstack-gate images. We use puppet inside of diskimage-builder
here, and have a puppet element ... so it's entirely possible that there
might be a basis for collaboration here.

Monty