[openstack-dev] Error creating instances in DevStack

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:52:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Sharan Kumar M <sharan.monikantan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to setup my own OpenStack cloud for development. I installed
> DevStack on a VM and the installation is fine. I am able to log in via

> I checked if the libvirt_type=qemu in nova.conf. Also the package
> nova-compute-qemu is installed. I am using Ubuntu 14.04.

First thing is you should not combine DevStack and any packaged OpenStack
installation.  DevStack installs from the source repos and has no knowledge
of any decisions made while packaging OpenStack by the distros.

After sorting that out you'll need to dig further into the Nova log files
to see why no working compute node is available.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com