[openstack-dev] Kilo Cycle Goals Exercise

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Sep 8 16:17:01 UTC 2014

On 09/08/2014 12:00 PM, Mike Bayer wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 11:30 AM, Anita Kuno <anteaya at anteaya.info> wrote:
>
>> Wow, we are really taking liberties with my question today.
>>
>> What part of any of my actions current or previous have led you to
>> believe that I want to now or ever have silenced anyone? I am curious
>> what led you to believe that silencing users was the motivation for my
>> question of Angus.
>
> I was only replying to your single message in isolation of the full conversation; the notion that one would not want to send traffic to a blog because they disagree with it, at face value seems like a bad idea.
Actually the word used was prevent, and if I personally want to prevent
something I don't encourage it by giving it attention.

Not understanding something due to disagreement with it is, I agree, a
perspective which is limiting and which ultimately does the party at the
heart of the discussion the most harm, it is self-defeating, yes.

>  Apparently that isn’t the meaning you wished to convey, so I apologize for missing the larger context.
I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me so that we might
understand each other better. Thank you, Mike, I'm grateful for your
time with this.

Thanks,
Anita.