[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Ironic] Unique way to get a registered machine?

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 14:33:21 UTC 2014

Woops, meant to respond to this in the email I just sent...

On Aug 21, 2014 11:35 PM, "Steve Kowalik" <steven at wedontsleep.org> wrote:

>         For other drivers, we think that the pm_address for each machine
will be unique. Would it be possible add some advice to that effect to
Ironic's driver API?

pm_address is cruft on the old nova API, and was replaced with driver_info
in ironic.

Node driver_info is presumably also unique, but the format varies between
drivers; uniqueness is not enforced, nor is it searchable in the REST API.
In some cases, there are half a dozen data points contained in driver_info
(eg, for double bridged IPMI in the case of moonshot) which collectively
inform the driver how to connect to and manage that node.

-Devananda