[openstack-dev] [Infra][Cinder] Coraid CI system

Asselin, Ramy ramy.asselin at hp.com
Fri Sep 5 15:34:52 UTC 2014

-1 from me (non-cinder core)

It very nice to see you're making progress. I, personally, was very confused about voting.
Here's my understanding: "Voting": it is the ability to provide an official +1 -1 vote in the gerrit system.

I don't see a "stable history" [1]. Before requesting voting, you should enable your system on the cinder project itself.
Initially, you should disable ALL gerrit comments, i.e. run in silent mode, per request from cinder PTL [2]. Once stable there, you can enable gerrit comments. At this point, everyone can see pass/fail comments with a vote=0.
Once stable there on real patches, you can request voting again, where the pass/fail would vote +1/-1.

Ramy
[1] http://38.111.159.9:8080/job/Coraid_CI/35/console
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-August/043876.html