[openstack-dev] [Swift] Proposal for improving Metadata Search API

hagiwarayuj at nttdata.co.jp hagiwarayuj at nttdata.co.jp
Fri Sep 5 03:11:52 UTC 2014

Hi Paula,

Thank you for your comment.

I would like to discuss the API document in the community,
and to build a consensus to the specification.

I saw your comments at the Wiki discussion page,
and we also think these points are very important.

> Suggestion about Data Types
Certainly, we should be able to deduce the type
for supporting more types of user defined metadata,
and it sounds good for me to make some conventions
to support deducing data types.
# In our team, we discuss about a plan of using value conventions,
# like "50d" for integer 50, "1.000f" for float 1.000 and so on.
On the other hand, we should discuss this topic carefully,
because any conventions may cause some limitations on users, we think.

> Suggestion regarding System Metadata
I agree, and I think we should specify the minimal set of attributes.
We should reconsider system metadata which are part of proposal,
based on attributes which are part of Swift and which we are really necessary.
# For example, Attributes that relate to object CORS are not part of Swift,
# and don't seems so necessary for us.

Controlling which attributes are indexed also sounds good to me.

Best regards,

Yuji Hagiwara
NTT DATA Corporation