[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Comments on the concerns arose during the TC meeting

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Sep 4 17:56:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch> wrote:

> [...]
I identify with this concern as Docs PTL. That said, it's very difficult
already even if a project is under the "openstack" github org to know how
well documented it is.

> Do you see the "optional layer" services being blessed / validated in some
> way and therefore being easy to identify ?

I've already started to work on doc requirements for incubating and
integrating projects [1], which may help with some checklist creation. My
thinking is, if you can't document it, it's not well-validated. Is that
reasonable, to adopt a "docs or it didn't happen" stance here?

Thanks for thinking on this -- I do like the layers approach and I think we
just need to define expectations for layers so all the community can do a
quick sanity check.
Anne

1. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/IncubateIntegrate

 Tim