[openstack-dev] [all] Design Summit reloaded

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Sep 4 15:44:54 UTC 2014

Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> [...]
> Am I missing some compelling advantage of moving all these emergent
> project-specific meetups to the Friday?

One is that due to space limitations, we won't have nearly as many
"pods" as in Atlanta (more like half or a third of them). Without one
pod per program, the model breaks a bit.

The Friday setup also allows for more room (rather than a small
roundtable) since we can reuse regular rooms (and maybe split them up).

It appears on the schedule as a specific set of hours where contributors
on a given program gather, so it's easier to reach critical mass.

Finally for projects like Nova, which had regular sessions all the days.
I also like having them all on the last day so that you can react to
previous sessions and discuss useful stuff.

If that makes you feel more comfortable, you can think of it as a
pod-only day, with a bit more publicity, larger pods and where we use
all the summit space available for pods :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)