[openstack-dev] [Nova] Feature Freeze Exception process for Juno

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Thu Sep 4 09:05:57 UTC 2014

<snip>

> I will follow up with a more detailed email about what I believe we are
> missing, once the FF settles and I have applied some soothing creme to my
> burnout wounds, but currently my sentiment is:
>
> Contributing features to Nova nowadays SUCKS!!1 (even as a core
> reviewer) We _have_ to change that!
>
> N.

While agreeing with your overall sentiment, what worries me a tad is implied perception that contributing as a core should somehow be easier that as a mortal.    While I might expect cores to produce better initial code, I though the process and standards were intended to be a level playing field.

Has anyone looked at the review bandwidth issue from the perspective of whether there has been a change in the amount of time cores now spend contributing vs reviewing ?
Maybe there's an opportunity to get cores to mentor non-cores to do the code production, freeing up review cycles ?

Phil