[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-dev][neutron] Some questions and opinions about the network model "port".

liushixing liushixing at huawei.com
Thu Sep 4 08:27:38 UTC 2014

hello,guys

"port" is a very important model concept for network program. I have some doubt about that concept now.

Maybe it is still necessary to discuss the definition details of port and give some suggestions.

For instance, when we connect a network to a router, neutron will create a interface for router, actually

it is implemented as a port. From the topology perspective, use "link" concept is more close to real

description. There is a question here: Does the network need a port to deploy control policy?I think so.

We can treat  "port "as a property of a kind of network node. Without the node, port willlose its

significance.So, shell we emphase the port  as a property in the network model? Looking forward to

everyone's opinions.

Thanks
Shixing  Liu