[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas][octavia]

Susanne Balle sleipnir012 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:32:43 UTC 2014

Kyle,

This makes a lot of sense to me and is our favorite way to move forward.

Susanne

--------------------------------
To me what makes sense here is that we merge the Octavia code into the
neutron-incubator when the LBaaS V2 code is merged there. If the end
goal is to spin the LBaaS V2 stuff out into a separate git repository
and project (under the networking umbrella), this would allow for the
Octavia driver to be developed alongside the V2 API code, and in fact
help satisfy one of the requirements around Neutron incubation
graduation: Having a functional driver. And it also allows for the
driver to continue to live on next to the API.

What do people think about this?

Thanks,
Kyle