[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas][octavia]

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Sep 2 16:27:59 UTC 2014

Yeah I've been worried about the term "driver" being overused here.
However, it might not be too bad if we get the other terminology correct
(network driver, vm/container/appliance driver, etc).

I was thinking of ML2 when I said Octavia living in the LBaaS tree might
be best.  I was also thinking that it makes sense if the end goal is for
Octavia to be in openstack.  Also, even if it goes into the LBaaS tree,
it doesn't mean it can't be spun out as its own openstack project,
though I do recognize the backwards-ness of that.

That said, I'm not stongly opposed to either options.  I just want
everyone involved to be happy, though that is not always going to
happen.

Thanks,
Brandon