[openstack-dev] [nova] feature branch for Nova v2.1 API?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Sep 2 15:49:10 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-02 15:18:14 +0100 (+0100), Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Do we have any historic precedent of using feature branches in this kind
> of way in the past, either in Nova or other projects ? If so, I'd be
> interested in how successful it was.
[...]

The new Keystone API used a feature branch, as did Swift's erasure
coding support, and Zuul's Gearman integration... I get the
impression success varied a bit depending on expectations (but I'll
let those who were maintaining the branches speak to their
experiences). The workflow we have documented for this is
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerritJenkinsGit#Merge_Commits if
you're interested in how it's implemented.
--
Jeremy Stanley