[openstack-dev] [bashate] .bashateignore

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Mon Sep 1 05:38:56 UTC 2014

On 08/29/2014 10:42 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> I'm actually kind of convinced now that none of these approaches are
> what we need, and that we should instead have a .bashateignore file in
> the root dir for the project instead, which would be regex that would
> match files or directories to throw out of the walk.

Dean's idea of reading .gitignore might be good.

I had a quick poke at git dir.c:match_pathspec_item() and sort of came
up with something similar [2] which roughly follows that and then only
matches on files that have a shell-script mimetype; which I feel is
probably sane for a default implementation.

IMO devstack should just generate it's own file-list to pass in for
checking and bashate shouldn't have special guessing code for it

It all feels a bit like a solution looking for a problem.  Making
bashate only work on a passed-in list of files and leaving generating
those files up to the test infrastructure is probably would probably
best the best KISS choice...

-i

[1] https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/dir.c#L216
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/117425/