[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Cookie collision between Horizon & Stacktach

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Fri Oct 31 19:44:28 UTC 2014

I have no familiarity with stacktach, but it sounds like it's trampling data on the sessionid cookie (even if it's also setting a beaker.session.stacktach cookie).

Your options include running the two at different domains/subdomains (and specifying the subdomain as the cookie domain; that needs to be explicit), or you can change the Django cookie names using settings:

Session cookie name: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/settings/#session-cookie-name
CSRF cookie name: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/settings/#std:setting-CSRF_COOKIE_NAME

It doesn't sound like you had a CSRF cookie problem though. It is expected behavior that if you clear your cookies and don't revisit the login page to get a new CSRF token that form POSTs will fail.

    - Gabriel