[openstack-dev] [neutron] Lightning talks during the Design Summit!

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Fri Oct 31 14:04:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:
>> As discussed during the neutron-drivers meeting this week [1], we've
>> going to use one of the Neutron 40 minute design summit slots for
>> lightning talks. The basic idea is we will have 6 lightning talks,
>> each 5 minutes long. We will force a 5 minute hard limit here. We'll
>> do the lightning talk round first thing Thursday morning.
>>
>> To submit a lightning talk, please add it to the etherpad linked here
>> [2]. I'll be collecting ideas until after the Neutron meeting on
>> Monday, 10-27-2014. At that point, I'll take all the ideas and add
>> them into a Survey Monkey form and we'll vote for which talks people
>> want to see. The top 6 talks will get a lightning talk slot.
>>
>> I'm hoping the lightning talks allow people to discuss some ideas
>> which didn't get summit time, and allow for even new contributors to
>> discuss their ideas face to face with folks.
>>
> As discussed in the weekly Neutron meeting, I've setup a Survey Monkey
> to determine which 6 talks will get a slot for the Neutron Lightning
> Talk track at the Design Summit. Please go here [1] and vote. I'll
> collect results until Thursday around 2300UTC or so, and then close
> the poll and the top 6 choices will get a 5 minute lightning talk.

Thanks to all who voted for Lightning Talks! I've updated the etherpad
[100] with the list of talks which got the most votes. I'm also
copying them here for people who don't like clicking on links:

MPLS VPN - Orchestrating inter-datacenter connectivity - [Mohammad Hanif]
IPv6 as an Openstack network infrastructure - ijw (Ian Wells)
L2GW support - abstraction and reference implementation for extending
logical networks into physical networks [Maruti Kamat]
servicevm framework(tacker project) and l3 router poc (yamahata)
Verifying Neutron at 100-node scale (Rally, iperf) - [Ilya Shakhat]
Tips on getting reviewers to block your changes - [Kevin Benton]

I'm excited to see how these work and hope it proves useful for people.

Safe travels to Paris to all!

Kyle

[100] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-kilo-lightning-talks