[openstack-dev] [oslo] python 2.6 support for oslo libraries

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Oct 31 00:50:25 UTC 2014

On 24 October 2014 13:14, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2014-10-23 17:18:04 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> I think we have to actually wait for M, don’t we (K & L represents
>> 1 year where J is supported, M is the first release where J is not
>> supported and 2.6 can be fully dropped).
> [...]
>
> Roughly speaking, probably. It's more accurate to say we need to
> keep it until stable/juno reaches end of support, which won't
> necessarily coincide exactly with any particular release cycle
> ending (it will instead coincide with whenever the stable branch
> management team decides the final 2014.2.x point release is, which I
> don't think has been settled quite yet).

Actually no - because of pip install, we need to keep support up until
we can tell folk we don't support them anymore, which is after the
last point release, not at it. If we drop support earlier, we can't
release the support dropping versions until the support period ends,
and that means we'd have an unreleasable trunk, which is bad.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist