[openstack-dev] TC election by the numbers

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 02:08:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from Eoghan Glynn's message of 2014-10-29 16:37:42 -0700:

> election,

> 26.7%.

> TC2.0

> > > Overall percentage of the electorate voting is declining, but absolute
> > > numbers of voters has increased. And in fact, the electorate has grown
> more
> > > than the turnout has declined.
> >
> > True that, but AFAIK the generally accepted metric on participation rates
> > in elections is turnout as opposed to absolute voter numbers.
> >

> IIRC, there is no method for removing foundation members. So there are
> likely a number of people listed who have moved on to other activities and
> are no longer involved with OpenStack. I'd actually be quite interested
> to see the turnout numbers with voters who missed the last two elections
> prior to this one filtered out.

Sounds like you need to freshen up on your bylaws ;).  There are methods to
remove foundation members: Bylaws Appendix 1 Section 3 [0]. Also you have
to be an ATC not just a Individual Member to vote, Appendix 4 Section 2 [1]

[0] http://www.openstack.org/legal/individual-member-policy/
[1] http://www.openstack.org/legal/technical-committee-member-policy/