[openstack-dev] [all] Commit flags

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 18:15:56 UTC 2014

On 10/29/2014 11:05 AM, Kyle Mestery wrote:
> Based on the thread this morning around the NFVImpact flag [1], I saw
> this commit [2] into the neutron-specs repository to add an APIImpact
> flag. Given the discussion around NFVImpact, and the move away from
> it, I just wanted to bring this up in the broader community context
> and make sure everyone is on board with adding APIImpact before we
> start merging this and requiring specs to have this which change APIs.

I'm OK with that flag.  We approved the use of the same thing in Nova:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/129757/

I think the criteria should be around how broad the impact and interest
in tracking is.  I think tracking API changes has broad enough interest
and support that the flag makes sense.

--
Russell Bryant