[openstack-dev] [neutron] Clear all flows when ovs agent start? why and how avoid?

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Wed Oct 29 12:01:40 UTC 2014

> > I find our current design is remove all flows then add flow by entry, this
> > will cause every network node will break off all tunnels between other
> > network node and all compute node.
> Perhaps a way around this would be to add a flag on agent startup
> which would have it skip reprogramming flows. This could be used for
> the upgrade case.

I hit the same issue last week and filed a bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1383674

>From an operators perspective this is VERY annoying since you also cannot push any config changes that requires/triggers a restart of the agent.
e.g. something simple like changing a log setting becomes a hassle.
I would prefer the default behaviour to be to not clear the flows or at the least an config option to disable it.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen