[openstack-dev] [bashate] towards "inbox zero" on bashate changes, release?

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 02:03:36 UTC 2014

On 10/14/2014 04:03 PM, Ian Wienand wrote:
> Maybe it is time for a release?  One thing; does the pre-release check
> run over TOT devstack and ensure there are no errors?  We don't want
> to release and then 10 minutes later gate jobs start failing.

Just to loop back on this ...

Our main goal here should be to get [1] merged so we don't further
regress on any checks.

TOT bashate currently passes against devstack; so we can release as
is.  Two extra changes we might consider as useful in a release:

 - https://review.openstack.org/131611 (Remove automagic file finder)
   I think we've agreed to just let test-frameworks find their own
   files, so get rid of this

 - https://review.openstack.org/131616 (Add man page)
   Doesn't say much, but it can't hurt

As future work, we can do things like add warning-level checks,
automatically generate the documentation on errors being checked, etc.

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/128809 (Fix up file-matching in bashate tox test)