[openstack-dev] [tuskar][tripleo] Tuskar/TripleO on Devstack

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 14:02:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:08:05PM +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
> On 28 October 2014 22:51, Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 03:22:36PM +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
<snip>
> > 3. Log onto seed VM to debug the issue.  Discover there are no logs.
>
> We should fix that - is there a bug open? Thats a fairly serious issue
> for debugging a deployment.

heh, turns out there's already a long-standing bug (raised by you :D):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1290759

After some further experimentation and IRC discussion, it turns out that,
in theory devtest_seed.sh --debug-logging should do what I want, only atm
it doesn't work.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130369 looks like it may solve that in due
course.

The other (now obvious) thing I was missing was that despite all the
services not being configured to log to any file, the console log ends up
in /var/log/messages, so that was just a misunderstanding on my part.  I
was confused by the fact that the service configs (including use_syslog)
are all false/unset.

Thanks,

Steve