[openstack-dev] [neutron] Clear all flows when ovs agent start? why and how avoid?

Damon Wang damon.devops at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 03:01:26 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We have suffered a long down time when we upgrade our public cloud's
neutron into the latest version (close to Juno RC2), for ovs-agent cleaned
all flows in br-tun when it start.

I find our current design is remove all flows then add flow by entry, this
will cause every network node will break off all tunnels between other
network node and all compute node.

( plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent.OVSNeutronAgent.__init__ ->
plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent.OVSNeutronAgent#setup_tunnel_br
:
self.tun_br.remove_all_flows() )

Do we have any mechanism or ideas to avoid this, or should we rethink
current design? Welcome comments

Wei Wang