[openstack-dev] [DevStack][Neutron] Creating bridges automatically?

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Mon Oct 27 17:53:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am currently working on my Neutron docs for DevStack[1], and realized
that there is some common pieces between provider networking API
extension and the l3 networking API extension.

In both cases, the administrator is directed to manually create a bridge
device and add the physical interface to it[2].

I have a patch into DevStack that does this in the provider networking
case[3] - and a Vagrant setup I use for the l3 networking extension has
a puppet recipie that automatically adds the public interface to the
bridge after DevStack runs[4].

Should we have DevStack go ahead and wire up the bridge and interface
when using the L3 agent?

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/131201/
[2]: http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/install_neutron-l3.html
[3]: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-dev/devstack/tree/lib/neutron#n654