[openstack-dev] [neutron] vm can not transport large file under neutron ml2 + linux bridge + vxlan

Damon Wang damon.devops at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 01:51:31 UTC 2014

Hi Tangqing,

This is a well-known problem, it is because GRE/VxLan 's packet header use
some bytes, length of data packet should reduced.
You can get refer to bellow pages:
http://www.chriscowley.me.uk/blog/2014/03/31/openstack-neutron-performance-problems/
https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/25947/openstack-neutron-stability-problems-with-openvswitch/
https://openstack.redhat.com/forum/discussion/302/quantumneutron-and-ip-packet-mtus-questions-answers-and-suggestions/p1