[openstack-dev] [Glance][Cinder] The sorry state of cinder's driver in Glance

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 13:29:20 UTC 2014

On 09:11 Thu 23 Oct     , Flavio Percoco wrote:
> According to the use-cases explained in this thread (also in the emails
> from John and Mathieu) this is something that'd be good having. I'm
> looking forward to seeing the driver completed.
>
> As John mentioned in his email, we should probably sync again in K-1 to
> see if there's been some progress on the bricks side and the other
> things this driver depends on. If there hasn't, we should probably get
> rid of it and add it back once it can actually be full-featured.

I'm unsure if Brick [1] will be completed in time. With that in mind, even if
we were to deprecate the glance driver for Kilo, Brick will likely be done by
then and we would just be removing the deprecation in L, assuming the driver is
completed in L. I think that would be confusing to users. It's unfortunate this
was merged in the current state, but I would just say leave things as is with
intentions at the latest to have the driver completed in L. If we're afraid no
one is going to complete the driver, deprecate it now.

[1] - https://github.com/hemna/cinder-brick

--
Mike Perez