[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Neutron documentation to update about new vendor plugin, but without code in repository?

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Oct 23 15:51:16 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:

> Vad:
>
> The third-party CI is required for your upstream driver. I think
> what's different from my reading of this thread is the question of
> what is the requirement to have a driver listed in the upstream
> documentation which is not in the upstream codebase. To my knowledge,
> we haven't done this. Thus, IMHO, we should NOT be utilizing upstream
> documentation to document drivers which are themselves not upstream.
> When we split out the drivers which are currently upstream in neutron
> into a separate repo, they will still be upstream. So my opinion here
> is that if your driver is not upstream, it shouldn't be in the
> upstream documentation. But I'd like to hear others opinions as well.

This is my sense as well.

The hypervisor drivers are documented on the wiki, sometimes they're
in-tree, sometimes they're not, but the state of testing is documented on
the wiki. I think we could take this approach for network and storage
drivers as well.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix

Anne