[openstack-dev] [api] API Workgroup git repository

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 05:39:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Shaunak Kashyap <
shaunak.kashyap at rackspace.com> wrote:

> If I have a proposal to make for a guideline, how do I do it? Do I simply
> create a gerrit review for a file under
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-wg/tree/guidelines?

Yes, either additions to the existing files or add new ones if there is
nothing currently appropriate.

We still need to talk about the exact process for accepting a patch yet,
but I was thinking about something along the lines of (and haven't really
discussed it with anyone yet):

- must be up for at least a week
- discussed at a weekly api-wg meeting
- no more than one negative vote (ok we might need something to break
  a deadlock if we really can't get consensus over something but
  I think there should be a lot of incentive to try very hard
  to do so).

Though for now any setup work in the repository is getting approved by Jay
or I if it looks reasonable.

Chris