[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS][Octavia] Usage Requirements

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Wed Oct 22 11:29:27 UTC 2014

> I,d like to start a conversation on usage requirements and have a few
> suggestions. I advocate that, since we will be using TCP and HTTP/HTTPS
> based protocols, we inherently enable connection logging for load
> balancers for several reasons:

Just request from the operator side of things:
Please think about the scalability when storing all logs.

e.g. we are currently logging http requests to one load balanced application (that would be a fit for LBAAS)
It is about 500 requests per second, which adds up to 40GB per day (in elasticsearch.)
Please make sure whatever solution is chosen it can cope with machines doing 1000s of requests per second...

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen