[openstack-dev] Propose to define the compute capability clearly

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 09:14:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 09:41:44PM +0000, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
> Hi, Daniel's & all,
> 	This is a follow up to Daniel's http://osdir.com/ml/openstack-dev/2014-10/msg00557.html , "Info on XenAPI data format for 'host_data' call".
> 	I'm considering to change the compute capability to be a nova object,
> with well defined field, the reasons are: a) currently the compute capability
> is a dict returned from hypervisor, however, different hypervisor may have
> different return value; b) currently the compute capability filter make
> decision simply match the flavor extra_specs with this not-well-defined
> dict, this is not good IMHO.

If by "compute capability" you mean the return value of get_available_resource,
then I've already got patches which turn that from a dict  into an object
which we're discussing

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/virt-driver-get-available-resources-object,n,z
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-October/048784.html

Regards,