[openstack-dev] [neutron] HA of dhcp agents?

Noel Burton-Krahn noel at pistoncloud.com
Tue Oct 21 16:56:11 UTC 2014

We currently have a mechanism for restarting the DHCP agent on another
node, but we'd like the new agent to take over all the old networks of the
failed dhcp instance.  Right now, since dhcp agents are distinguished by
host, and the host has to match the host of the ovs agent, and the ovs
agent's host has to be unique per node, the new dhcp agent is registered as
a completely new agent and doesn't take over the failed agent's networks.
I'm looking for a way to give the new agent the same roles as the previous
one.

--
Noel