[openstack-dev] [DevStack] Proposal - add support for Markdown for docs

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Tue Oct 21 16:12:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:59:12AM EDT, Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 10/21/2014 10:37 AM, Collins, Sean wrote:
> > I do see mentions of gh-pages in the build_docs.sh script - is
> > devstack.org redirect to GitHub?
> >

> Nope - it used to be. It's now built and published like the rest of
> openstack docs.
>
> Now - I don't want to get in the way of the work you're wanting to
> contribute, because I'm pretty sure that's awesome ... but all of the
> rest of the OpenStack docs are in RST and not MD, so it seems strange to
> do new work in a different format.

Actually after I sent the e-mail I checked, and Pelican supports
multiple formats, including RST. Changing from Markdown to RST isn't
too onerous - I'd rather go from Markdown -> RST than Markdown -> HTML.

Thinking a little more, it may be worth cribbing the code from other
projects, like how the *-specs repos are generating docs from RST files
rather than importing Pelican?

--
Sean M. Collins