[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Summit scheduling - using our time together wisely.

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 09:52:01 UTC 2014

On 10/20/2014 04:34 PM, Ben Nemec wrote:
> I guess my only concern would be whether either of those things are
> contentious (both sound like must-do's at some point) and whether there
> is anything on either topic that requires f2f conversation to resolve.
> There's a spec out for Cinder HA already
> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101237/) that seems to have at least
> general support from everyone, and it's not clear to me that the L3 one
> can be resolved by us.  It sounds like we need Nova and Neutron changes
> for that.  Of course, if we can get some Nova and Neutron folks to
> commit to attending that session then I could see that being helpful.
>
> In general both of those topics on the etherpad are a little light on
> details, so I'd personally like to see some more specifics on what we'd
> be talking about.

hi,

agreed let me add some more comments here as a start.

My plan for the Cinder HA session was to start with what we have today
and compare it with what we propose in the spec.

The spec indeed is currently 'on pause' because of issues affecting some
backend drivers (Ceph included) when these are deployed in some
active/active configuration.

Cinder folks have/are working on it and will have a session about their
new State Machine [1] which should help in this regard, if not fix it
entirely.

I'm planning to join their session before having ours, so we can sync up
our planning with Cinder people and update the spec, hopefully for its
final revision, jointly.

1. https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-cinder-summit-topics

--
Giulio Fidente