[openstack-dev] [oslo] request_id deprecation strategy question

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Oct 20 18:12:10 UTC 2014

> The issue I'm highlighting is that those projects using the code now have
> to update their api-paste.ini files to import from the new location,
> presumably while giving some warning to operators about the impending
> removal of the old code.
This was the issue i ran into when trying to switch projects to oslo.middleware where i couldn't get jenkins to pass -- grenade tests successfully did their job. we had a discussion on openstack-qa and it was suggested to add a upgrade script to grenade to handle the new reference and document the switch. [1]
if there's any issue with this solution, feel free to let us know.
[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-qa/%23openstack-qa.2014-10-10.log (search for gordc)
cheers,
gord