[openstack-dev] [api] Request Validation - Stoplight

Amit Gandhi amit.gandhi at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Oct 20 14:26:10 UTC 2014

Thanks for the clarification Sam.

Its good to know where the mission of the API working group starts and
stops.  During the meetup discussions, my understanding was that the
working group would recommend the technologies to use while building apis
(e.g. Pecan, validation frameworks, etc) and were in the process of
looking into tools such as warlock.  Hence the recommendation to add
another library into the mix for evaluation, based on advise by other
stackers in the community.

Your response clarifies that the aim of the API working group is just to
recommend on standardizing the interfaces from various API's (which I am
looking forward to) and not the libraries used to implement that interface.

For stackers who are interested in different validation frameworks to
implement validation, I recommend checking out Stoplight.

Thanks

Amit Gandhi.