[openstack-dev] [nova] APIImpact flag for nova specs

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Oct 17 16:23:18 UTC 2014

On Oct 15, 2014, at 5:52 AM, Christopher Yeoh <cbkyeoh at gmail.com<mailto:cbkyeoh at gmail.com>> wrote:

We don't require new templates as part of nova-specs and api changes don't necessarily change the api sample tpl files. We do ask for some jsonschema descriptions of the new APIs input but they work pretty well in the spec document itself. I agree it could be prone to spelling mistakes etc, though just being able to search for 'api' would be sufficient and people who review specs could pick up missing or mispelled flags in the commit message (and it wouldn't necessarily need to be restricted to just APIImpact as possible flags).

+1 to APIImpact flag

That there could be misses is not a good reason to not do this. Which is to say, let’s do this.

Everett