[openstack-dev] [novaclient] E12* rules

Andrey Kurilin akurilin at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 17 13:40:07 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

I'm working on enabling E12* PEP8 rules in novaclient(status of my work
listed below). Imo, PEP8 rules should be ignored only in extreme cases/for
important reasons and we should decrease a number of ignored rules. This
helps to keep code in more strict, readable form, which is very important
when working in community.

While working on rule E126, we started discussion with Joe Gordon about
demand of these rules. I have no idea about reasons of why they should be
ignored, so I want to know:
- Why these rules should be ignored?
- What do you think about enabling these rules?

Please, leave your opinion about E12* rules.

Already enabled rules:
  E121,E125 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/122888/
  E122 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123830/
  E123 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123831/