[openstack-dev] [qa] "nova get-password" does not seem to work

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:17:55 UTC 2014

Get password only works if you have something in the guest generating the
encrypted password and posting it to the metadata server. Cloud-init for
windows (the primary use case) will do this for you. You can do something
similar for ubuntu using this script:

https://gist.github.com/vishvananda/4008762

If cirros has usermod and openssl installed it may work there as well. Note
that you can pass the script in as userdata (see the comments at the end).

Vish