[openstack-dev] [api] Forming the API Working Group

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 00:20:59 UTC 2014

Hi all, to my understanding we certainly don't want developers to
arbitrarily extend APIs which would lead to a lot of mess, however we still
need to find a way to standardize how we augment existing APIs since they
are not perfect either.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2014, at 6:00 PM, Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Christopher Yeoh <cbkyeoh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:29:34 -0500
>> Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I found a couple of free times available for a weekly meeting if
>> > people are interested:
>> >
>> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/128332/2
>> >
>> > Not sure if a meeting time has been hashed out already or not, and if
>> > it has I'll change the patch accordingly. If not, we can iterate on
>> > possible meeting times in the review if needed. This was to just get
>> > the ball rolling if we want a weekly meeting. I proposed one review
>> > for Thursdays at 2100 and a second patch set for 2000, UTC. That can
>> > easily change, but those were two times that didn't conflict with the
>> > existing meeting schedules in #openstack-meeting.
>>
>> So UTC 2000 is 7am Sydney, 5am Tokyo and 4am Beijing time which is
>> pretty early in the day. I'd suggest UTC 0000 if that's not too late for
>> others who'd like to participate.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Unfortunately, we conflict with the I18N Team Meeting at UTC 0000 (in
> #openstack-meeting). I updated the review for UTC 1000. An alternating
> schedule would probably work well given the attendance from different times
> zones. I'll snoop around for another meeting time to alternate with, unless
> someone has one in mind.
>

> Don’t forget about #openstack-meeting-alt and #openstack-meeting-3 as
> alternative rooms for the meetings. Those have the meeting bot and are
> managed on the same wiki page for scheduling.
>
> Doug

Zhipeng Huang
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402
OpenStack, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute affcienado