[openstack-dev] [Nova] Automatic evacuate

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Mon Oct 13 20:26:34 UTC 2014

[switching to openstack-dev]

Has anyone automated nova evacuate so that VM's on a failed compute host
using shared storage are automatically moved onto a new host or is manually
entering *nova compute <instance> <host>* required in all cases?

If it's manual only or require custom Heat/Ceilometer templates, how hard
would it be to enable automatic evacuation within Novs?

i.e. (within /etc/nova/nova.conf)
auto_evac = true

Or is this possible now and I've simply not run across it?

*Adam Lawson*

AQORN, Inc.
427 North Tatnall Street
Ste. 58461