[openstack-dev] Neutron documentation to update about new vendor plugin, but without code in repository?

Vadivel Poonathan vadivel.openstack at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:28:38 UTC 2014

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your immediate response!...

Just to clarify... I have developed and maintaining a Neutron plug-in (ML2
mechanism_driver) since Grizzly and now it is up-to-date with Icehouse. But
it was never listed nor part of the main Openstack releases. Now i would
like to have my plugin mentioned as "supported plugin/mechanism_driver for
so and so vendor equipments" in the docs.openstack.org, but without having
the actual plugin code to be posted in the main Openstack GIT repository.

Reason is that I dont have plan/bandwidth to go thru the entire process of
new plugin blue-print/development/review/testing etc as required by the
Openstack development community. Bcos this is already developed, tested and
released to some customers directly. Now I just want to get it to the
official Openstack documentation, so that more people can get this and use.

The plugin package is made available to public from Ubuntu repository along
with necessary documentation. So people can directly get it from Ubuntu
repository and use it. All i need is to get listed in the docs.openstack.org
so that people knows that it exists and can be used with any Openstack.

Pls. confrim whether this is something possible?...

Thanks again!..

Vad