[openstack-dev] Unable to install devstack

Paul Michali (pcm) pcm at cisco.com
Fri Oct 10 15:40:19 UTC 2014

I’m assuming you’ve verified that your proxy server settings are correct. Try setting GIT_BASE to https://github.com

You should be able to manually try the commands. For example, set your proxy env variables and then do:

curl -o /home/shruti/devstack/files/get-pip.py https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

For my setup (behind a proxy), I set both the upper and lower case proxy env variables:

export PROXY_HOST=<MY_PROXY_SERVER>:80
export http_proxy=http://$PROXY_HOST/
export https_proxy=http://$PROXY_HOST/
export ftp_proxy=http://$PROXY_HOST/
export no_proxy="14.0.3.30,..."
export HTTP_PROXY=http://$PROXY_HOST/
export HTTPS_PROXY=http://$PROXY_HOST/
export FTP_PROXY=http://$PROXY_HOST/

Maybe overkill..

Regards,

PCM (Paul Michali)

MAIL …..…. pcm at cisco.com
IRC ……..… pcm_ (irc.freenode.com)
TW ………... @pmichali
GPG Key … 4525ECC253E31A83
Fingerprint .. 307A 96BB 1A4C D2C7 931D 8D2D 4525 ECC2 53E3 1A83