[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Let's remove "fuelweb" from repo paths

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 10 09:25:22 UTC 2014

I have no objections, and essentially I'm for such initiatives at the
beginning of development cycle, when risks are lower.
If we ensure tests coverage, and do it carefully (for instance, building
custom ISO with changes and making sure it passes BVTs), then let's do it.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Igor Kalnitsky <ikalnitsky at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi fuelers,
>
> I'm going to propose you remove "fuelweb" word from repos' paths. What
> am I talking about? Let me show you.
>
> Currently we have the following paths to repos:
>
>     /var/www/nailgun/2014.2-6.0/centos/fuelweb/x86_64/
>     /var/www/nailgun/2014.2-6.0/ubuntu/fuelweb/x86_64/
>
> Obviously, the word "fuelweb" is redundant here and doesn't reflect
> reality, because our repos contain not only fuel packages, but
> openstack.
>
> Moreover, fuel-upgrade script installs repos without that word
> ("fuelweb", I mean) so we have inconsistent file structure for repos,
> which may lead to problems in future.
>
> So I propose to do it now, while we can do it without risks and
> safety. I prepared a set of patches
>
>     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126885/
>     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126886/
>     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126887/
>
> and built an ISO #508 [1] - both master node and centos cluster was
> deployed successfully.
>
> Folks, please, take a look over patches above and let's merge it.
>
> Thanks,
> Igor
>

> [1]:
> http://jenkins-product.srt.mirantis.net:8080/view/custom_iso/job/custom_master_iso/508/