[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Proposing to disallow updates of IPv6 attributes on subnets

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Thu Oct 9 13:22:11 UTC 2014

Hi Thiago,

A couple of things to consider:
  ¡ª As it is now, it doesn¡¯t seem to be fully functional if you change your subnet to use SLAAC. The addresses that were assigned to your existing ports in neutron wouldn¡¯t be updated/changed. So basically, you can not simply make an API call to change the subnet and expect that everything will be setup correctly. Not mention that currently subnet api to update the modes can¡¯t even be invoked.

  ¡ª if you want to use SLAAC, there might be a couple of ways to do that
        . Once multiple prefix is supported, you can create a new slaac subnet in the same network. Obviously you need to use a different prefix. Later, you can remove the previous subnet.
        . For now, you can create a new network with a slaac subnet. And attach your VMs to this new network. Once it¡¯s done, you can remove the previous network.

Hope that it helps
Robert