[openstack-dev] [Nova] Questions on glance alternative link

Chen CH Ji jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Oct 9 09:24:24 UTC 2014

Hi
            in nova/api/openstack/compute/views/images.py, there is a
function returns alternate links which contains project_id
            However, I didn't see any info in glance API V2 spec
            Can any one help me on :

1) what's the purpose of alternate link? can I remove the project_id? maybe
backward compatible issue?
2) if #1 's answer is negative, should we add a image api under nova/image/
to also generate a link with project_id?

             Thanks

def _get_alternate_link(self, request, identifier):
        """Create an alternate link for a specific image id."""
        glance_url = glance.generate_glance_url()
        glance_url = self._update_glance_link_prefix(glance_url)
        return '/'.join([glance_url,
                         request.environ["nova.context"].project_id, <---
this is the line which add project_id
                         self._collection_name,
                         str(identifier)])

Best Regards!

Kevin (Chen) Ji 纪 晨

Engineer, zVM Development, CSTL
Notes: Chen CH Ji/China/IBM at IBMCN   Internet: jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Phone: +86-10-82454158
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC