[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] How to get the pool list in graceful way.

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 08:10:21 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014 03:37 AM, Lei Zhang wrote:
> The question comes from my patch[1]. Kgriffs point that there are two
> way to get all the pools. But I don’t know which one is better, event
> though I comment that limit=0 is wired. I think there are three ways.
>
> use limit=0( current logical).
> pro: 1) may easy to implement
> con: 1) not clearly and wired. 2) may some storage driver doesn’t support?
> call .list multiple times
> pro: 1) directly and compatiblely
> con: 1) multiple request must make when the list size is too large.
> define a new method named list_all
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123462/5/zaqar/queues/storage/pooling.py

Kurt was referring to whether `limit=0` is consistent throughout the
storage drivers. I think `limit=None` is what we want here since it
explicitly says we don't want any limit.

We'll need to document this and make this part of the contract for
drivers implementations.

Thanks for bringing it up,
Flavio

--