[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][nova] git fetch fails with permission denied (publickey)

Jennifer Mulsow jmulsow at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 7 14:51:09 UTC 2014

Thank you, Jeremy. That solved it.

Jennifer Mulsow
Cloud Systems Software Development
IBM Systems & Technology Group

From:	Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>
            <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date:	10/06/2014 06:05 PM
Subject:	Re: [openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][nova] git fetch fails with
            permission denied (publickey)

On 2014-10-06 17:45:21 -0500 (-0500), Jennifer Mulsow wrote:
[...]
> git remote add origin
ssh://jmulsow@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/nova.git
[...]
> I have double checked that my user name is correct on
> review.openstack.org and in my global git config where I am trying
> to do the fetch.
[...]

The logs for the Gerrit API indicate it could not find any user with
"jmulsow" as the username, and digging in its MySQL database I have
confirmed that is the case. I see a "Jennifer Mulsow" who created a
Gerrit account in April of 2013 who last updated contact information
a few weeks ago, but that account has no username configured at all.

When you are signed into Gerrit's WebUI and visit
https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/ is there anything at all
listed to the right of "Username"? If so, that's what you should use
instead of jmulsow. If there's nothing there at all, then click into
the blank space and (carefully since it can't be changed later)
enter whatever you want it to be.
--
Jeremy Stanley
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Jennifer Mulsow/Austin/IBM]