[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Cluster reconfiguration scenarios

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 7 14:14:32 UTC 2014

Hi folks,
I want to discuss cluster reconfiguration scenarios, i am aware of 2 such
bugs:

- ceph-mon not installed on controllers if cluster initially was deployed
without ceph-osd
- config with rabbitmq hosts not updated on non-controlles nodes after
additional controllers is added to cluster [1]

In both cases we need to track node state and change it accordingly to some
event
(additonal ceph-osd, additional controller added to cluster, etc..).
I think that it is generic scenario and our api should support such
modifications.

To track state of node we need to introduce new state - something in lines
of "requires_update".
And extend deployment selection logic to include nodes with this state, if
deploy action will be invoked.

What do you think about such feature? I would be grateful for any other
cases.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1368445