[openstack-dev] [Compute][Nova] Kilo specs are open for business

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Oct 7 00:49:22 UTC 2014

I am pleased to announce that the specs process for nova in kilo is
now open. There are some tweaks to the previous process, so please
read this entire email before uploading your spec!

Blueprints approved in Juno
===========================

For specs approved in Juno, there is a fast track approval process for
Kilo. The steps to get your spec re-approved are:

 - Copy your spec from the specs/juno/approved directory to the
specs/kilo/approved directory. Note that if we declared your spec to
be a "partial" implementation in Juno, it might be in the implemented
directory. This was rare however.
 - Update the spec to match the new template
 - Commit, with the "Previously-approved: juno" commit message tag
 - Upload using git review as normal

Reviewers will still do a full review of the spec, we are not offering
a rubber stamp of previously approved specs. However, we are requiring
only one +2 to merge these previously approved specs, so the process
should be a lot faster.

A note for core reviewers here -- please include a short note on why
you're doing a single +2 approval on the spec so future generations
remember why.

Trivial blueprints
==================

We are not requiring specs for trivial blueprints in Kilo. Instead,
create a blueprint in Launchpad
athttps://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+addspec and target the
specification to Kilo. New, targetted, unapproved specs will be
reviewed in weekly nova meetings. If it is agreed they are indeed
trivial in the meeting, they will be approved.

Other proposals

For other proposals, the process is the same as Juno... Propose a spec
review against the specs/kilo/approved directory and we'll review it
from there.

Cheers,
Michael

--