[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][nova] git fetch fails with permission denied (publickey)

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 7 00:06:04 UTC 2014

Jennifer Mulsow/Austin/IBM at IBMUS wrote on 10/06/2014 06:45:21 PM:

> I have followed the instructions on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/
> Gerrit_Workflow and am trying to fetch the nova repository, but it
> fails with "Permission denied (publickey)." I believe this has
> something to do with my specific account on review.openstack.org,
> but not sure what.
>
> git remote add origin ssh://jmulsow@review.openstack.org:29418/
> openstack/nova.git
> git fetch origin
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.

Maybe I am blind tonight, but I do not see where the Gerrit_Workflow wiki
page is telling you to `git fetch origin`.  When starting from scratch
(which I suppose you are), you want a command like this:

git clone git://git.openstack.org/openstack/nova.git

Your SSH test looks valid to me, I do not see why it should fail.

Regards,
Mike